The aim of this assessment task is to demonstrate knowledge developed of the
marketing communications industry and report on the current issues affecting the
marketing communications industry in the form of a Research Portfolio.
Then applying this knowledge in the form of a Marketing Report for a not-for-profit
organisation. This includes:
• Showing evidence of the impact of new and alternative communication
technology has affected marketing plans for the current climate.
• Update knowledge through market research
• Identify future trends within the marketing communications industry.
The Branding course forms an integral part of the Diploma of Graphic Design (CUV50311), CRICOS Code: 084983E.
It has been designed so that you can develop the skills and knowledge to:
· Interpret and creatively respond to a design brief through the production of work; and
· Create graphic designs for branding and identity by that convey key messages about organisations or brands and their underpinning philosophies.
Successful completion of this course will enable you to be awarded the following units of competency:
· Refine 2-D design ideas and processes (CUAACD506)
· Develop graphic designs for branding and identity (CUAGRD607A)
There are no prerequisites for this course.
It will take one term (8 weeks) to complete this course. This will require your attendance at a face-to-face, studio session for at least 6 hours per week and the completion of a range of out-of-class activities e.g. projects, research and tutorials.
- Lecturer: Tim Saunders