This unit deals with the knowledge and skills required to initiate bleaching treatment for cosmetic purposes.
Application of the Unit:
The knowledge and skills described in this competency unit are to be applied within the National Law - dental hygiene regulatory and legislative requirements.
Dental hygiene work is to be carried out in consultation/collaboration with the dentist and other support dental staff in line with jurisdictional regulatory requirements.
This unit should be assessed after achievement of the following related competency units:
- HLTAMBFC301B - Communicate with clients and colleagues to support health care
- TAFEDH011 - Take impressions and construct study models
- TAFEDH015 - -Manage patients with simple to moderate dental hygiene treatment needs
- TAFEDH016 - Use chemotherapeutic agents to manage and prevent oral conditions and disease
- HLTDA417A - Take a clinical photograph
The unit should also be assessed in conjunction with competency unit(s) related to planning/delivery of the Advanced Diploma of Oral Health (Dental Hygiene).
The required outcomes described in this unit of competency contain applicable facets of Employability Skills.
The Employability Skills Summary of the qualification in which this unit of competency is packaged will assist in identifying Employability Skill requirements.